Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Walk on Garnet Sand at Pfeiffer Beach: Purple & Practically Perfect



Need a weekend getaway? Consider visiting Pfeiffer Beach! This amazing California beach has purple sand. The sand comes from maganese garnet, and it is a beach you don't want to miss. Pfeiffer Beach has become my all time favorite beach, and I visit it a couple of times a year. The first time I ran my fingers through the purple sand, it was a beautiful day. We took a lunch and just enjoyed ourselves. It can be quite windy there, so always take plenty of layers.



I like to look at my sand under a microscope and that is what I have my students do.
More on that later. Just look at these sand grains.


Click on the link below to find out more about my Close Reading Lesson on Pfeiffer Beach.

Background Pages ~ Pfeiffer Beach



No comments:

Post a Comment