Monday, December 1, 2014

Salt Candles Make a Great Christmas Gift

I hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving. This was the first year I have ever had the entire week off for Thanksgiving, for which I am very thankful! I totally loved it and I had a blast working on some of my Christmas projects. I just revamped my Salt Candles project with additional STEM activities. The Christmas version can be found Here.



The students have a great time, but they also learn a lot! 


The candles come out beautiful every time.


This year I want to focus on making sure my students learn the difference between a physical change and a chemical change. The way I set up the PowerPoint, should really help the kiddos understand the difference with the candle. After they make the candle, we will review the "Science Behind the Candle" and then create Foldables for the Interactive Notebooks.


I have slides in the powerpoint that tells the students exactly what to put in their foldable for their interactive science journals. Besides being available in the PowerPoint, I have placed it in Google Docs and you can get a FREE copy of it by clicking Here. This is my first time to put something in Google Docs and then make it available, so if you get a copy of it, please let me know if this set up works.

No comments:

Post a Comment