Monday, December 15, 2014

Sand & Science in the Classroom

Students look at sand from all over the world under a microscope.

It is really easy. To prepare, I cut 1 x 3 inch construction paper science slides. I pass out tape and hole punches for students to share. I actually have a FREE
powerpoint that I use to give directions.



Just Click Here for the FREE PowerPoint





The PowerPoint walks you through the process of making a paper slide set by step. All you have to do is collect some sand samples. You will be amazed by what you see under the microscope.

I use the little microscopes shown in the picture. You can actually use most microscopes, 
but these little units are quite affordable and cost under $10. They can be purchased at 

Delta Education.

I have had mine for 30 years and most of them are still working.






No comments:

Post a Comment