Sunday, January 11, 2015

My Mother's Valentine ~ Freebie

Do you know Jack Prelutsky's poem, "My Mother's Valentine?" It is one of my favorites. I like to recite it from my valentine hearts, and then have the students make their own.



This craftivity really makes a good center activity. Students work diligently to make the nicest poem they can for their moms, and then they practice it.



I also have the hearts to print out on a regular printer, but didn't think you needed that page as an example. I used to cut all the hearts from the ellison machine, however, the $1.00 heart boxes at store are smaller now and my ellison hearts no longer fit.

This is the inside of the box. 



My valentine set looks like the above. I have a larger heart box than I use with the kids.



I don't do this every year, but many years I have purchased a box for each student as their valentine gift. That way they could actually have the box to do the valentine poem.

Other years, I buy the boxes and let the students buy them from me. I do this because the school is in the country and many kids can't get to the store to buy a box.

Still other years, the kids are on their own as far as boxes go, but they still make the poem. 

Click HERE for your FREE copy of this Craftivity.


If you download, please leave feedback, and consider following me.
Thanks,
Kelly




No comments:

Post a Comment