Sunday, February 22, 2015

The Sneetches ~ A Play

One of my all-time favorite stories is The Sneetches, by Dr. Seuss. My son's class performed it as a play one year, and it made the story come alive for me. A few years back, I decided that my students could also do it as a play, so we worked together as a class and stayed very close to the actual Dr. Seuss script. Over the years, my students began to add lines for the Sneetches, so more students could act out the story. Last year, I posted the play online in my TeachersPayTeachers store and it became one of my best sellers.

I thought I would share a glimpse into this fantastic play.




Click HERE get this play in my TpT store

I have also published a Dr. Seuss FREEBIE



I also would like to point out some more freebies that I have discovered.

Besides being really cute, these vocabulary words for drama will help students deepen their understanding as they present their plays.



Here is the full version video from You Tube.

If  you are not allowed to view You Tube, you can download this video link for SchoolTube.

Here is a nice writing paper.
Sneetches Writing Template

A Cooperation activity:
Ways I Show Cooperation -- Dr. Seuss -- The Sneetches



What do you do for Dr. Seuss week?  I wish I knew how to set up a linky. I think a Dr. Seuss linky is just what we need.







No comments:

Post a Comment