Thursday, April 16, 2015

FREE Fish for Friendly Research

How to Write Fish Poems
Click on the picture to go to the product!


Hi Everyone! I have been talking about raising Trout in the Classroom off and on and have never really given all the details to make that happen. I went through our county Office of Ed, but you can go straight to the source at Trout in the Classroom.org, which is a FREE program. They provide all kinds of resources (reading and science material as well as posters and video clips)

In the meantime, here is a sampling of what is in the powerpoints:




and of course I need to include a sample of a poem. In the Powerpoint, I have included several.




One of the things that I do is a fun research project. Yes! I said fun because the kids enjoy the process. I use this FREE powerpoint above. I show two fish and then the students choose one to take notes on from memory. Then I show two more, etc. After they gather all the information, I have them choose a fish and they create a poem from the first person point-of-view. It is quite easy. Once they write their poem, they are ready to create the final copy.



The website was listed earlier, but I forgot to highlight the powerpoint, which is so easy to use.
You can make these wavy poems at Festisite

No comments:

Post a Comment