Friday, April 3, 2015

Poems Shaping Up As Students Use Technology to Interactively Create

I am linking up with the Teaching Trio.

during my fish unit. It is a simple program that can easily be used by students. 
It is as easy as 1 - 2 - 3
  1. Students write their poems
  2. They pick their shape and font size
  3. Print



 Besides shapes, You can embed pictures into money and cards


Here is an upclose look at one of the poems

One way to use the poems is to write them and place them on a fish painting.

Last year, rather than painting, my students colored a fish as close to the fish they studied and wrote the poem about. Can you tell what fish this student wrote about?


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this! Have you tried Tagxedo for different shaped word clouds? I love that site!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried out Tagxedo, and liked it. It has some pretty cool options. Thanks for passing along the tip. I really like the poem with the pictures option. I have been planning on trying that with my class, but didn't know what program to use. I'm going to try it for Mother's Day. I think student face poems would be a hit.

      Delete