Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Pluto: We Have Arrived!

New Horizons launched in 2006 and nine and a half years later, we have finally arrived at Pluto.
I couldn't help but wake up this morning and look at the clock at 4:30 am and know that New Horizons was at closest approach to Pluto.

I just smiled and went back to sleep. This morning I had to look at the New Horizons sight even though I knew that would not be getting any new pictures until this evening. It was so nice to see the counter at zero days, zero hours, zero minutes, and zero seconds. (At this point I paused in typing out my message and wnt back to the new horizons site to take a picture of the Counter I have been watching for 3,462 days [not everyday] so you would be able to see the counter at zero also.) Well, my NASA freinds have been busy because they have set a new counter.
We all have to wait and let New Horizon's take the pictures we are all wanting to see. In just under twelve hours we will get the information we have all been waiting to see.
Until then, I did notice these pictures on Twitter. They were all grouped together:
Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment