Sunday, July 5, 2015

Want to use Wonder? "Teaching to Inspire" Reveals Valuable Insight to this Wonderful Text

I have not read Wonder yet, but it is sitting on my shelf just waiting and calling to me. I knew I needed to get "into" the book, but life has been getting in the way. Then today I read Jennifer Findley's post about wonder, which prompted this post, because I want to make sure I can find it easily. 
Teaching To Inspire In 5th: Using Wonder to Teach All the Common Core Literatu...: The summer of 2014, I read this book and fell in love. I immediately knew I wanted this to be my first read aloud of the year...

I am not going to summarize what Jennifer says, because she has already done an outstanding job of explaining how  to use Wonder to teach all of the ELA Common Core Literature standards. When you click on her post, you will find that she has creatively  labeled each standard like this:
Jennifer then summarizes how she addresses each standard.

So back to my question: Do you want to use Wonder to teach the Common Core skills? What are you waiting for? Go check out Jennifer's blog by clicking on the link above. You might be thinking, "What am I waiting for?" I must honestly reply that I left the book in my classroom, and they are cleaning the carpet this week~ so I wait. Also, Wonder will be my reward for finishing chapter 2 of my thesis, so I better get started. If you have read the book, please don't keep my in suspence. Tell me what you think of it, and how you are using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment