Saturday, August 15, 2015

Are Teachers Disappearing? Provoking Thoughts to Think On

I use Linked-In to network with other teachers and administrators, and I have discovered several intriguing articles. As a veteran teacher, I have seen many teachers of all ages come and go.



This Week In Education: Thompson: Why Teachers (& Bees) Are Disappearing caught my eye. With the mutlitude of changes taking place in education, I am seeing teachers stressed out, worn out, and find they are feeling unappreciated for the amazing work they are doing.



According to this article, California alone is filling 21,500 classrooms with new teachers. I know California is a really large state, but that number seems excessive. This article list many reasons why. What do you think? Is there something that can be done about this? I would love to hear your thoughts.


No comments:

Post a Comment