Saturday, August 22, 2015

Can You Teach an Old Teacher New Tricks?

Okay! I admit it. I am officially an "old teacher." That is, I have been teaching for 30 years. I am still plugging away and trying to stay up with all the "seasoned ~ but not old" teachers. In my mind I am still "one of them" even though the reality is that they can move circles around me. The cool thing is.... I am still learning.
Take Mentor Texts ~ by Jivey. I was looking around TpT this morning looking for something to use with my students to focus in on sentence structure, without just spending time on sentence structure, and I discovered Jivey's mentor texts, which she has been doing for quite some time. Well, I got so excited that I just had to pass on this blog post because it has so much depth and potential for student growth. I can't imagine how many hundreds-of-hours she has spent to create these interesting mini-lessons. 

Here are a few things that caught my eye. Remember to click on the picture above to see the post that describes all of these products. I do have each picture linked back to her store, but the blog post really explains everything.



No comments:

Post a Comment