Saturday, August 29, 2015

Education Tips from a Mountain Top View

Displaying IMAG0380.jpg
Okay! I'm not actually on the top of the mountain, but I'm sitting out on the deck in the middle of the mountains and it is a beautiful Saturday afternoon.

I've was looking up trout informaion for my informational reading (which will be featured soon). You might want to look up my trout Web-Quest which I have already blogged about.
 Anyway, while I was researching, I took up a little side trip and discovered a few things. I have to admit that I'm a bit addicted to looking things up and wanting to try out something new. Here is what I found today:
Bloggerific has a creative set up with some great resources. I have known about RACE, but had lost track of it. Visit her site by clicking on the RACE pic to see what else is posted.

Bullying has become a huge issue. Most often kids don't realize that they are being mean and bullying. I'm always on the lookout for a good resource. Here is a set of free posters.
Bullying Prevention Posters Freebie

I ablsolutely love the combination of Literature Circle and Respect that Crafting Connections created from a project of her second grader. 
I want to start literature circles, but have always been afraid of them. Well, this year I am going to do it. I'll begin by posting this anchor chart first. 

I had planned for the Literature Circle/Respect anchor chart to be my last tip, but then I discovered 


I found some more anchor charts on BuzzFeed, that I  believe need a second look. For example, I just completed my first close reading story with my new class. I know the students all did close ready last year, so I want to know if they understand  the reasoning behind read a text or passage more than once, so the first anchor chart has students marking off what they covered and why.



No comments:

Post a Comment