Friday, October 16, 2015

Free Agriculture Student Resource

I love this magizine. It is a great resource for your students and it is free!

This is one of my favorite resources for agriculture. You can order them and have them sent to your classroom, or you can use them online. 
Each newspaper features a variety of crops and activities to assist students in learning about the crop.

Notice the interactive feature on this berry page.


Finding kid-friendly resources for food, crops, is not an easy task, but the Ag in the Classroom people have done an amazing job for us.

QR codes and an interactive link for the puzzle




I am showing this page twice because I want to point out a couple of things:
1. The specialty words with the definitions.
2. The Resource links

When you put your curser over the links, they pop out and all the student has to do is click on one for more information, and then they will be taken to that "kid-friendly & safe site", so you don't have to spend hours looking up quality sites and checking them out, because someone who is an expert in agriculture and education has already done that for us.


I also want to give you a quick glimpse of some of the older issues, which are in PDF format:




Most of the pages are in black and white, but thre are some color pages.
the information is still top notch.

So how do you access these?

I also have them listed on my website for my students along with many other ag resources.

What do you think? Would this be useful in your classroom?





No comments:

Post a Comment