Sunday, December 6, 2015

Coding is the Hot Topic

I'm sure you all are as busy as I am, even though you are not working on your thesis for your masters degree. With family commitments, lesson planning, blogging, researching new ideas, learning new technolgoies, creating lessons and getting ready for the holidays, we are all busy. So, how do we add on one more great thing?


I want to participate in the Hour of Code, but where do I begin? I am a new fan of twitter, and I have been seeing a lot of fantastic information on coding. Next week is the week for One-Hour of Code.

Here are a few sites that I have looked into. I hope it helps. If you have some good ideas for me, please send me the links by commenting below.

How to Teach Code has included some videos to get you started.

Here is a great article to help you get started. 


This article will give you more insite. They also include a video on how to teach the One-Hour of Code. 

You might also want to look at these pictures posted by Lufkin Codes which were tweeted by Defranz Davis.

Here is another article from Edutopia

There is also Pixelkin
I just found this "idea packed" site that lists suggestions by grade level. It is a must see!


Since I am so new to this, I would love to know how you are presenting coding to your students and where you began.



No comments:

Post a Comment