Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Celebrate Reading with Dr. Seuss


Schools all across America are doing special activities this week. Our school will have a Literacy Celebration with special readers and then classes will showcase literature in the amphitheater.
Here are a few sites students can use to find out more about this special week.


One of my favorite books is Barholomew and the Oobleck. Of course making Oobleck is one of my students favorite things to do with cornstarch, water, and green food coloring. Watching the properties of liquid and solid change in front of your eyes is just plain fun. Here is a fun video to go with it.




Here is another.



and finally,



All three of these is posted on my webpage for students under the Dr. Seuss Picture like the one at the top of this post.


Here is a demonstration video clip for making Oobleck.

I also like to do the play, "The Sneetches" by Dr. Seuss.
which can be purchased in my TpT Store. I have also blogged about it HERE, plus a FREEBIE






No comments:

Post a Comment