Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Do You Have a Summer Manifesto?

At the beginning of every school year I write a list of goals, and each summer I also write a list of goals. Then at the end of the summer, check to see how much of it I accomplished. I usually check my yearly goals at the end of the summer as well, since it is also the beginning of the school year.

This year I did not have enough time to even write out a list, although I had one in my head. At the top of my list was to "finish my thesis" and it is almost complete. Right now it is with the university editor. Yeah! I am sure I'll have some revision in the next week, but I am so close I can taste it.

Okay, so this morning I opened my computer to read what other teachers have been doing and I find that Kelly Malloy, from An Apple For the Teacher, has written a summer manifest with a really cute little beach theme. You will certainly want to read it here. I have definitely decided to join her challenge and write my own Summer Manifesto on her cute paper. Here it is.
These 10 things have been on my "to do" list for awhile now, but everything, and I do mean everything, has been on the back burner while I was working on my thesis. 

I should explain about the sand maps. I have a binder where I have been collecting maps from around the world, and my goal is to color them as I get sand from certain locations. I have seen how other sand collectors do their sand, so I am excited about getting started. 

My son is a law student and is living up in Sacramento. He is down for part of the summer and I am going to go up with him to take stuff to his apartment. I'm looking forward to some quality time spent with him. We just need to find something fun to do in Sacramento while we are there. He can't think of anything fun to do. Any suggestions?

I can't wait to get started reading. Before I started the Admin program I had read the Outlander Series and was waiting for the next book to be published. Once I started the program, leisure reading was put on the shelf, and meanwhile, the author, Diana Gabaldon finally published #8, but I haven't read it yet.

For school I have been wanting to read the Pirate books by Dave Burgess, so I'm going to start with 
I'm not sure which one to begin with, but since I am a teacher, I'm going to start here. Now, if one of my readers has a better idea for me to begin with, then just let me know. I am open to suggestion.

Have a great day everyone,
Kelly


No comments:

Post a Comment