Friday, January 20, 2017

Inauguration 2017 has Become a National Learning Day for Kindness, Empathy, and Civics for 30 Reasons

Thanks to Tracee Orman for this beautiful clip! Don't forget to click on her picture above, or her name to see the special resources she has created for you.

As this Inauguration has unfolded we have seen a very divisive campaign from those who have disagreed with the election outcome. Regardless of our political beliefs, throwing tantrums, setting things on fire, destroying neighborhoods, belittling people for their views when they are not the same as yours is both unkind, and in many of these examples,  breaking the law. 

Teachers all over America decided to teach about kindness, and not bullying, by providing free resources that promote kindness, integrity, empathy, and civics. 

You can find these resources on Teachers Pay Teachers by clicking on the hashtags:




Here are some of my favorites so far. Just click on the pictures to get to the resource. That goes for the resources pictured above too.











 




















Well, I know that I have gone a bit crazy, but I love looking at these free resources. I know these teachers have gone to a lot of work to create quality lessons for America's children, and I want to thank them. I plan on using them in the weeks to come as my students study the book, "Wonder", and as we will soon begin our "Trout in the Classroom" service learning project.

Please let me know which ones are your favorites. I would love to hear from you.

Have a great weekend!











No comments:

Post a Comment