I am teaming up with An Apple for the Teacher and a group of teachers to focus on empowering student writers with this amazing The Writing Strategies Book study by Jennifer Serravallo. Jennifer includes 300 strategies that will help our students develop their writing skills.
|List of Strategies|
I am very excited to be a part of this study, and I hope you will join me. You can purchase the The Writing Strategies Book on Amazon and join in. The study will begin April 6 and Kelly Malloy, from An Apple for the Teacher has all the information.
I have to confess that even though I have been planning to be part of this book study for a month, I still spaced, and did not order the book until today. Lucky for me, Amazon has FREE same day service on this book if you are a Prime member, so I will get the book today. How cool is that? I can't wait to get started!
Here is a sneak peak into some of these amazing steps to empower our student writers
What are the 7 Easy Steps to Empower Student Writiers?
- Develop individual goals for every writer
- Give students step by step strategies for writing with skill and craft
- Coach writers using prompts aligned to a strategy
- Present mentor texts that support a genre and strategy
- Adjust instruction to meet individual needs with Jen's Teaching Tips
- Demonstrate and explain a writing move with her Lesson Language
- Learn more with Hat Tips to the work of influential teacher authors
By clicking on the picture above or on Jennifer Serravallo, you can link to the authors blog to learn more about her and her work.
Another Great Surprise!
An Apple for the Teacher is also hosting a "Giveaway" to promote this book study. Jump on over to the Apple for the Teacher website to get in on the giveaway, which ends April 6th.
With The Writing Straegies Book you can make that kind of differeence with your writers every day!
Check out what Tried and True Teaching has to say about this book.